Gingerbread House Competition – 2015
The Gingerbread House competition is sponsored and judged by the Klamath County Association of REALTORS®. The site for the 2015 Gingerbread Village is the Ross Ragland Theater Lobby. This is a Snowflake Festival Event.
All entries will be accepted and displayed, however winning entries must comply with the following guidelines:
1. All entries must be completely edible. Platforms must be completely covered. Everything visible must be EDIBLE. Paper, plastic, glass, toothpicks, lollipop sticks, etc. are not acceptable as part of the structure or scene.
2. The gingerbread portions of all entries must be home made
(no pre-baked, pre- packaged or kit materials.) Houses constructed of other edible materials: graham crackers, pretzels, cereal, spaghetti, etc. will be accepted.
3. All structures must be built on a STURDY platform such as a cutting board,
plywood or heavy cardboard. all structures must be built on one platform not to
exceed 24”x 36”. It is often necessary to rearrange the exhibits to best use the space
and flimsy platforms do not stand up to the handling.
4. Contestants must provide a complete list of ingredients attached to their entry.
Entries will be accepted in one of the following categories:
1. Preschool - Kindergarten & 5 years and under, may have SOME adult help with entry
2. Elementary Grades - 1, 2, & 3 is to be constructed by the entrant only
3. Intermediate Grades - 4, 5, & 6 is to be constructed by the entrant only
4. Junior Grades - 7, 8, & 9 is to be constructed by the entrant only
5. Senior Grades - 10, 11, & 12 is to be constructed by the entrant only
6. Adults - 18 years and older are to be constructed by the entrant only
7. Family - 2 or more related persons
8. Organizations - Scout troops, other group projects
** Schools may enter by grade level
5. All entries must be picked up by 5:00 PM on December 19th or they will be destroyed.
For the school categories: Elementary, Intermediate, Junior, and Senior there will be cash prizes
awarded to the school that the winning individual attends. In addition, the First Prize winner of
each specific school category will be awarded a gift certificate for their entry.
Schedule of Events
***December 5th, 11 AM – 5 PM This is the ONLY TIME entries will be received in the
Ross Ragland Lobby***
Dec 6th Noon - 5 PM Open for viewing
Dec 8th-11th 10AM -5 PM Open for viewing– Contest Winners on display
Dec 13th Noon - 5 PM Open for viewing
Dec 15th – 18th 10AM - 5 PM Open for viewing
Dec 19th Noon - 5 PM Open for viewing
For more information click here www.klamathsnowflake.com